Moncks Corner - This colonial trading post took its name from landowner Thomas Monck. The town, which dates back to 1738, lies on the southeast corner of what was once known as Mitton Plantation. In 1856, the Northeaster Railroad came to town, laying its tracks over portions of the former Mitton and Fairlawn Plantations. Five acres were set aside to build a depot, which still stand today, at the center of a 'new' Moncks Corner.
Moncks Corner is located in Berkeley County with easy access to two of South Carolina's major lakes, Lake Moultrie & Lake Marion.